Monday, May 9, 2011

What Is That Thing by Elle Woods

As I climb onto the soft chair, I hear voices coming from the small room that my girl goes into then emerges from somehow different. Jumping off, I land on a pile of clothes. When I peek around the corner, my human confronts me. I bolt out of there, barely escaping the screaming that ensued. I trot to my bowl and lap up some water. Right before I go outside, I see something that interests me. It has water inside of it and in that water is something that looks back at me. When I tried to investigate, I was told that I was bad! This makes me even more interested. Something that is forbidden, I want to explore it! Looking over my shoulder I humbly go outside to think of a way to probe without getting in trouble again. I thought and thought and thought so very hard, until I had a brilliant idea. I would implement it that very night. That night came slowly but when it did, my girl went to bed and my plan was set into place. I crept up on a small creature that kept looking at me, I barked quietly once. It blinked. I barked once more, again it blinked. I thought it was not very smart until it said hello. I was so astonished that I jerked back, breaking my fall on a slipper. Regaining my thoughts, I climbed back on the table and introduced myself. “Hello, my name is Stefano. Where am I? I am very scared,” he said. I replied, “You are very safe, this is a very good house to live in. Right after I had said this, my master came in looking for her phone. She saw me, grabbed my collar and dragged me outside and left me there. I vowed that I would never go near that creature again because all it did was get me in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment