Monday, May 9, 2011

Cage in the Car by Cloudsie

I sit quietly in my cage as the car drives away. I have lived in the store cage for my whole life, which is only 8 months. So I am very confused as I sit in the back of the car in a brand new cage with 3 little children staring down at me. They are all quite young. Not more than 5 years I would think so I am very cautious. The other bunnies told me about children when I was in pet Co. They said that the young ones can never be trusted and that all they do is pick you up and squeeze you. That comment frightened me a little bit as I imagined being tossed into the air and never being caught. I shudder as I hop around my new cage. Finally I settle down in the corner and fall asleep.
When I wake up, I am in a new place. I can’t tell exactly what the place is but it smells odd and it looks different than the pet shop. I don’t see any other animals. I look to the left and see no one. I look to the right and see one of the children. It is the girl. She is sitting criss crossed on the bed and staring at me. I watch her face light up in joy as she realizes that I am awake. She slowly kneels down and opens the cage. I jump around and then sit still. She puts her hand in the cage and on my head. I flinch back at first but when she gently sets her fingers on my neck I sit still. She strokes me and scratches my ears. I am confused. The other rabbits said that children cant be trusted but that is obviously not true. She girls is so quiet and gentle that I cant help but close my eyes and let the feeling of love wash over me. I know that I am going to have a very happy life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment