Monday, May 9, 2011

Sir William Wallace III by Blithe

Sir William Wallace III was, to put it briefly, in a lot of pain. Having just been whisked

out of the jousting tournment, he realized just how much his head ached.

“I can’t believe he’s still conscious!” whispered one of the knights who was carrying him.

“He did take a pretty nasty blow to the head.” said the other. “I hope the doctors can stop

the bleeding.”

“WHAT?” exclaimed Sir Wallace. “BLEEDING?”

“Sir! Sir, please sit down! We don’t want you to....”

But it was too late. Sir Wallace was suddenly enveloped in darkness.



w



He awoke to large shouts and loud laughs. Slowly he opened his eyes and took in his

strange surroundings. All around him, people were wearing purple were eating and cheering. On

the other side of this vast landscape, people donned in red were doing the same. As his throbbing

head struggled to comprehend his rather unique situation, a massive roar emitted from the men in

red. The people in purple began to boo.

“I must investigate!” declared Sir William Wallace III.

So, after many failed attempts to get back on his feet, he finally was able to lumber down

the concrete steps which he had previously been sprawled out on.

Again there was a deafening cheer, but this time from the purple side.

“Something is definitely going on,” thought Sir Wallace.

Finally he reached the bottom. He looked around and simply couldn’t believe his eyes.

“I’m in heaven!” he decided. “Yes, that’s it, I’m in heaven! I’ve been sent to the eternal

team jousting copetition!”

For what he saw before him was two teams rushing at each other. Some got knocked

down, but those who were victorious ran on and scored a point! And the prize, the prize was this

beautiful egg--shaped trophy! This was what he had always dreamed of; he simply had to be in

heaven.

“I can’t believe my luck! My good fellows, may I join?”

No one seemed to object. So off he went. He burst out onto the bright green grass.

“Excuse me, my fine sirs, but may I butt in?”

No response.

“I guess I shall just jump right in! For the Queen!” he shouted, and charged right into the

hubbub.

“HEY! WHAT IS HE DOING?” shouted the crowd.

Unfortunately for our poor Sir Wallace, the jousters took no notice. Before he could lift a

finger, a purple helmet slammed into his chest.

“OOF!” cried Sir Wallace, as his world turned black.

No comments:

Post a Comment