Monday, March 14, 2011

School Daze by Jane Doe

“Yay! Mom’s here!” I thought, as my mamma Mary picked me up out of the tank. “Oh, boy, into the box I go! And it’s the small box. That means it’s just me and Mom today. I love going to school with Mom. I like seeing all her friends. Except that Hallie. She makes me sooo mad, dunking me in that cold, dirty water, turning me upside down, and, worst of all, shoving everything she can think of into my big claw including mechanical pencil led, regular pencils, and, worst of all, metal mechanical pencils. OUCH!
“I like it that Mom protects me, though. Whenever she sees someone being mean to me she swoops in to my rescue just in time.
“Yum! Snack time! Ooo, my favorite, grapes!
“Yikes! Let go of the shell! Oomph! Easy setting me down! Hey, I’m in that one room where that one tall guy with the dark hair is. I think I’ll go see him. Oomph! What the heck? Why can’t I move…? Ouch! I seem to be in that clear round ball. I’m always forgetting what it is called. All I can remember about it is that it’s heavy and was NOT designed with hermit crabs in mind. Well if I’m going to get over there, I’m going to need to get started. (Grunt, grunt, grunt.) Aahhh, I’m here at last. Whoa!”
“Well hey there little guy,” said the tall man as he picked the ball up in which I was contained, “I haven’t seen you in a while. Where have you been?”
“Oh, you know, just hangin’ around with my tank mates.”
(Suddenly) RRRIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!
“Ah! My ears,” I yelled as the stinking bell rang.
“Well time to go home Sammy,” said mamma Mary as she gently placed me in the box.
“I was nice and all coming to school and seeing all my Mom’s friends again, even that Hallie, but it is such a relief to come home to a nice warm cage and my tank mates. Until next time anyway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment